The Antipodean Artisan's Story

Saturday 12 March 2011

A little bit of springtime in the home

Thanks for everyone’s lovely comments and love.  I’m still suffering from the lovely BB but I am feeling a little better, and hopefully on my way to recovery.  Thankfully I don’t have to be back at work for another week, so I plan on being healthy and having some new home made goodies by then.

I have been using my time wisely and sewing my granny squares together to make two lovely cuddly cushions.  They aren’t finished yet so I have no pics to share.

I have, however been busy making some new lovey cushion covers for my sofa.  After watching Mamma Mia whilst on holiday in Scotland last year, I discovered and fell in love with Josef Frank textiles.  After a quick internet search I realised his fabric was too far out of my budget and too hard to find. 

I realise this fabric is nothing like Josef Franks, but it is lovely and bright, and fit my budget and urgent time frame.  I really wanted to get rid of the fluffy faux fur covers I inherited from my lovely friend Ness when she left me here in the UK to move home and find her dream man (in 6 months!!). 

I have not used the most perfect sewing techniques to make these, and for that I am a little ashamed, but I am an impatient stitcher (I am also my mother’s daughter).  This I am trying to rectify, but when I want something NOW my 'slow sewing' goes out the window. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely bright cushions! Know what you mean about the need for speed... I get fed up of not having something finished and tend to speed up the closer I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sunny! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete